Governor Silvestri 2020-03-21
Summary of Facebook Live Chat by Governor Silvestri at 2020-03-21 16:45. Skip to 4:50 for English.
Note that it’s been re-ordered and some repetition collapsed.
- Pending results are all negative of the 11 tests run across the Bay Islands
- 2 cases to be tested, one from Roatan and one from Utila. Picked up by airforce last night.
- Planning to send further samples on Monday
- If you have symptoms, please call emergency numbers to get tested
- There will be a questionnaire to work out who will be tested as kits are limited.
- No announcement from:
- Avianca suspended all operations until May
- Last we heard from them we were waiting for them to confirm type of plane and that they wouldn’t be bringing anyone in with them.
- Note from Paul: American suspended all operations until May
- Flights from Mon-Sun (March 23-29) Roatan to Houston
- Waiting on some last minute confirmations, but highly likely to go ahead
- There will be day specific WhatsApp chat groups
- Limit comments to:
- Confirmation code
- Current location
- No nationality restrictions. Currently if you have a confirmation you will be able to travel.
- Completely booked, United has been overselling them
- No dates on San Pedro Sula (SAP)
- US citizens are stuck all over the world, not just Honduras. e.g. 1,000 in Morocco
- If you don’t have a confirmation code for a flight next week and want to get to the USA, please call United and ensure you get one. Again, only flight available is RTB to IAH.
- Go to the airport as early as possible
- If stopped by police, show:
- Ticket or confirmation
- Westjet: Please be as early as possible
- Have a list of people in dire emergency as priority passengers for spare seats.
- Overstay fine can be paid at airport immigration office
- SINAGER only required for charter flights under 15
- Under 15 are easy
- Over 100 is difficult as there are lots of criteria to be passed
- Europe: No flights at this time
- Czechoslovakia: There may be a flight specificly to pickup Czechoslovakian citizens. Are working with the Czechoslovakian government on this.
- Utila: Talk to Steve about transit to Roatan
- Do not go to the airport to try and get on the standby list. If you’re on the standby list (provided by the embassy for those in dire need) you’ll be contacted
- Visa fines waived if expire during emergency
- General travel ban extended to March 29
Curfew/State of Emergency/Martial Law
- Not in martial law, in a state of emergency
- 3 levels:
- State of Emergency
- Martial Law
- Please stay home unless you are having a medical emergency or catching a
- Groceries can be delivered
- Supermarkets and pulperias are both open if necessary. Prefer delivery.
- Martial law is when the military takes over. The government is still in control, not the military
- Prefer delivery. Please check websites and Facebook pages of companies
- Supermarkets and groceries are open
- Gas is available, working on getting fuel
- Working on fixing issues with closed grocery stores
- Will look at opening Petrosun cash machine
- ATMs should be working and you can leave to go to them
- Household staff such as cleaning and guards?
- Must have them in uniform
- If in uniform, the yes they can come
- Private message to governor:
- His phone number if you have it
- Governors Facebook page
- Donating to Recovery/Go Fund Me: Will setup later
- Ferry: Don’t have dates for them yet
- Spraying for mosquitos will be looked into
- Using private beaches:
- We are in a state of emergency
- Any activity which looks like it might promote being in a group will be disbanded by the police
- This is a team, not just the governor
- Jerry Heinz in Roatan
- Troy Bodden in Utila
- Spurgeon Miller in Guanaja
- Carson Dilbert in Santos Guardiola
- Congressman Rob McNab
- Teams behind each of these leaders
- Have broken tasks down, the governors role is primarily getting people off the islands
- Synthia Solomon: Chamber of Tourism, looking into economic damage
- Ricardo Merren: Chamber of Commerce
- Doctors Colman and others in the hospital
- Will put up pictures for every authority so you can see who’s working