Governor Silvestri 2020-03-30
Skip to 45 minutes to get to mostly English (there’s some English spread throughout the Spanish part too).
Note that it’s been re-ordered and some repetition collapsed.
NB: There’s a curfew page with a summary
- Deliveries still going on, even when people are not allowed to go to the supermarkets themselves (including Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun).
- No local exception, so need to follow the national ones
- If need to go do bank, supermarket, petrol station or pharmacy can only go on Mon, Wed, Fri
- Delivery can operate on other days
- Pregnant, elderly, handicapped: 07:00-09:00 Mon, Wed, Fri and last digits of ID don’t matter.
- If have mask and gloves to wear, please do
- If run a food business:
- Need to follow curfew, only run 06:00 - 18:00.
- Please let employees finish by 17:00 so they can get home before curfew.
- Pupleria can also be open
- Banpais made a mistake, they should be open 07:00 - 09:00 for seniors
- Bac say their ATM not open until Roatan borders open
- Humanitarian causes can run any time in the 06:00 - 18:00 time, not restricted by the latest ordinance
Opening up the islands:
- Not sure, working on it tomorrow.
- This is what the Mayors ordinance was hoping to solve
Leaving boats in the harbour to get deliveries from supermarkets?
- Yes, you can
People in vehicle:
- Max 2, 3 in a taxi
- Collectivo is forbidden
Visiting to secure a non-essential business?
- Yes, recommend you visit and take a look
- Socialising is not, but this is fine
Getting to/from work:
- As long as you are in uniform, can be transported by a driver
- Also as long as in the hours of 06:00 - 18:00
- No taxis Tue, Thu, Sat, Sun
Giving people with good immune systems COVID-19?
- Not possible. Have heard it may be a thing in Germany but we don’t have the ability to deal with that here.
Waiting on tests?
- 22 clear, 1 pending for Guanaja
Rapid response testing kits:
- Takes 10 days to produce
- Trying to get from Miami as fast as possible
Flights and Travel
- Last flight to Canada today
- Honorary counsel came to provide support at the airport
- 70 people from across Honduras came to get on this flight
- Last international flight (United) is tomorrow.
- 12-13 flights to the USA, 15 to Canada
- About 2,500 people
- Lots of people were involved in making the international flights run cleanly
- If need to leave in May, should leave tomorrow
Bonacca to Roatan?
- Not possible.
- No immigration for handling visas in Utila, needs to be in Roatan
- This will run, working on getting it going
Islanders to Roatan:
- Still not permitted
- For those wanting to give a donation here: Rotary in Roatan and Chamber of
Tourism. If you’re outside of the Bay Islands, please use
- If you have a favourite (e.g. BICA), all the charities need funds so please donate to your favourite.
- Fundraiser for Utila
- Make It Count foundation will give current totals every day, current total: USD 4,438.33, HNL 110,780.72
- No goal for money
Galaxy Ferry from Roatan to mainland:
- Will run on Tuesday
- No cost
- Only for people leaving to the mainland, no one can return to the Bay Islands
- If want to take this ferry, please send info to: +504-9680-8563
- If a person doesn’t have the ability to send it (no internet), please help them out.
COVID-19 Response Team:
- Ron McNab is being covered today
- Same rules as central government