Governor Silvestri 2020-04-14
The is a transcript of the English transmission. There is also a Spanish transmission which I do not translate.
Note that it’s been re-ordered and some repetition collapsed.
- Reminder that anything donated to the foundation will be doubled as of Friday. Every donation is needed, no matter how small.
- Current total (excluding the amount pledged for matching):
USD 184,960; HNL 4,585,010
- Including the matching funds: USD 243,960
- USD 43,950 USD still available as matching funds
- Donate to the foundation you’re most comfortable with, there are many (for example the Sol International).
- If you are on Utila in need of food, Tylenol or Aspirin, please send a message to @SupportUtila on Facebook
- 27 samples taken and negative
- 4 pending (including the person who is in custody for entering the islands)
Police officers that entered from the mainland:
- Tests haven’t come back yet
- Only came in contact with 3 people, all of whom are in quarantine
- Haven’t gotten any new kits yet
Person who came ashore from the boats:
- Did not have a fever
- Is in quarantine
- Second person found to breech the island quarantine, both are in custody
- Reporting is claiming this person has COVID-19, but it takes 2-3 days to test and those results have not returned yet.
Getting Test to the mainland:
- Taken in special flights by the airforce or private plane
United Flights in May:
- Please speak directly to the airlines
Flights from Houston to Roatan:
- This is up to the US government to restart
Flying to La Ceiba:
- Possibly, Mayor in La Ceiba changes his mind though so may not be successful
- Consider flying to San Pedro instead
Getting back to Bay Islands:
- Still working on it
- Tour of church in French Harbour, which is where any COVID-19 positive people will be treated.
- Hired 50 new medical staff, include doctors, nurses, assistants, microbiologists and lab techs
- Some companies have been suspended indefinitely for not taking management of the pandemic seriously
- Any boat that does not have facilities for staff to sleep will not be permitted to enter the Bay Islands.
- Many boats suspended for not complying to requirements
- Still working on it
- New police chief named today for Roatan, was the second in command
- Municipality of Roatan is open to pay taxes
- They are aiming to do it all by phone, but are providing bio security for those who need to pay in person
- Numbers will be posted on Facebook soon
- Working on getting federal registry open
- Will follow up on Santos Guardiola as not currently familiar with what’s happening tax wise there.