Governor Silvestri 2020-04-20
The is a transcript of the English transmission. There is also a Spanish transmission which I do not translate.
Note that it’s been re-ordered and some repetition collapsed.
Delayed due to meetings and catch up from the weekend
- Reminder that anything donated to the foundation will be doubled as of Friday. Every donation is needed, no matter how small.
- Current total (excluding the amount pledged for matching):
USD 203,535; HNL 5,050,497
- USD 35,175 USD still available as matching funds
- Donate to the foundation you’re most comfortable with, there are many (for example the Sol International).
- If you are on Utila in need of food, Tylenol or Aspirin, please send a message to @SupportUtila on Facebook
- 32 samples taken and all negative
- Still working on getting testing onto the islands
Quarantine Breach in Utila:
- This person hasn’t been tested yet
- Looking for a thermo cycler to do accurate tests
- Also looking to get rapid testing
- General goal to have all testing on the islands so we can turn them around as quickly as possible
- Looking to get kits from the Cayman Islands, waiting on an answer from them
Flights in May on United Airlines:
- Looks like flights for end of May will be running, but this may change.
- As soon as the crisis is over and immigration opens you’ll be able to sort out any immigration issues
Fuel Boat on Sunday:
- Lack of communications with the port in Roatan
- Had some crew members who are islanders and wanted to get off the boat
- A group got together to stop the boat landing
- Were able to authorise the boat to unload fuel today
- Boat was searched by a doctor and two firemen to ensure no passengers aboard
- Ensured that no one got off the boat
- Announced on Thursday that 25% of taxis would be able to run. Unfortunately this was a miscommunication with the mainland and they can not run.
- Had a two hour meeting today to discuss how to help transportation people
- Provided food coupons for people who had paid taxes and food bags for those who had not
- Gear for the firemen donated by Rotary in Alberta
- Feel free to send useful information via the Gobernacion Facebook page
Protests and shopping:
- If it was your day today and you couldn’t shop due to the protests, you can go tomorrow
Captain who broke quarantine:
- This person is in quarantine now.
- Not yet, should be soon