Governor Silvestri 2020-04-23
Content starts at 01:10
The is a transcript of the English transmission. There is also a Spanish transmission which I do not translate.
Note that it’s been re-ordered and some repetition collapsed.
- Reminder that anything donated to the foundation will be doubled as of Friday. Every donation is needed, no matter how small.
- Current total (excluding the amount pledged for matching):
USD 204,535; HNL 5,068,029
- USD 34,675 still available as matching funds
- Over USD 12,500 raised
- If you are on Utila in need of food, Tylenol or Aspirin, please send a message to @SupportUtila on Facebook
- 32 samples taken and negative
- Still waiting on results from police
The governor had several meetings today:
- President and all the governors to see how each district is doing, where limitations and areas of strength are.
- Medical donations and test kits
The governor polled people on the chat asking if they thought the Bay Islands should open at a local level (about 150 people responded):
- Yes (with bio security): 81%
- Yes (only certain industries, also with biosecurity): 14%
- No: 5% (in Spanish was 9%)
Lots of businesses have reached their ends as far as continuing to pay people while the islands are shut down, so unemployment has increased.
- Roatan is looking to hire more police, please drop CV at mayors office
- Mayors office on Roatan just ordered a lot of masks for those who can’t afford them.
Call out to Czech Republic for all the help the Bay Islands have gotten from there.