Governor Silvestri 2020-04-24
Content starts at 03:00
The is a transcript of the English transmission. There is also a Spanish transmission which I do not translate.
Note that it’s been re-ordered and some repetition collapsed.
There will be no transmissions on Saturday and Sunday unless there’s a big announcement.
- Reminder that anything donated to the foundation will be doubled as of Friday. Every donation is needed, no matter how small.
- Current total (excluding the amount pledged for matching):
USD 205,635; HNL 5,101,866
- USD 34,400 still available as matching funds
- USD -15,000 for COVID-19 isolation centre in French Harbour
- Over USD 12,500 raised
- If you are on Utila in need of food, Tylenol or Aspirin, please send a message to @SupportUtila on Facebook
- 32 samples taken and negative
- Still waiting on results from police, no other pending tests
A thermocycler has been found:
- May be able to be in the islands in a week
USA will supply ventilators and test kits to Honduras (including the Bay Islands).
Flights to the USA:
- 2020-04-29: Spirit flight SAP-FLL
- 2020-04-30: 2 United flights SAP-IAH and TGU-IAH
People coming back to the Bay Islands:
- Easy to do from the mainland
- Waiting for the airlines for international
- Discussion with the Roatan mayor about repatriating a woman from Utila to Roatan
- Nothing specifically approved yet, still working on correct approach
- Still being worked on for Roatan
- Restaurants open as of midday today in Utila
Santos Guardiola county meeting:
- Topic was bringing back Santos Guardiola people
- Conversation of required steps to get it done
- Work closely with mayors
- Come up with a very small list of people, being aware of logistics
- Work out logistics of the operation you’re planning
- Take action based on the feedback given
- Anyone can make a petition, just be conscientious of logistics and limitations
- The county only has 20 beds, so bringing in 15 people will block most beds
Oversight committee meeting:
- First project approved: USD 15,000 for a COVID-19 isolation centre
- Rent free donation for use of the building
- This includes adding a floor covering that allows for easy sanitation, adding a stairwell to removing biohazard, driers and washers
- If anyone is interested in volunteering to paint, please let the governor know
Meeting with British Columbian emergency specialist:
- Long discussion with head of emergency response and got lots of ideas for dealing with such situations.
Plans for centre after the pandemic:
- Building will return to the owner
- Most other plans are detachable and will be moved to the new hospital
Volunteer work in Roatan:
- Being organised by Trish Simmons