Governor Silvestri 2020-05-11
This is a transcript of the English transmission, which starts at 15:50.
Transmission cut short due to tech issues.
Fundraising updates will now be Tuesday and Friday at 15:00
- 35 negative tests
- Was expecting to get authorisation on Friday, but that didn’t occur.
- Pressing the federal government daily to change this.
- Tegucigalpa is starting to open up.
- Application originally submitted 2 weeks ago, revised Monday last week.
- Authority required by the national police, their jobs are at risk if they allow local opening without permission from Tegucigalpa.
Ex police chief:
- Not sure what he as, could be COVID-19 or dengue or something else
- He came in on the 9th of April, 33 days ago. Doctors suggest that whatever he
has was contracted in Cortez, which is the most virulent place in Honduras
- If he had it when he arrived in Roatan, should have been hospitalised two weeks later.
- Two police officers from Cortez, where he was, have COVID-19
- Search warrant executed over weekend.
- Evidence of a number of Sandy Bay crimes found
- Two arrests made, a third pending
Sailboat off coast of Roatan:
- Hearsay about Guatemalans coming ashore. Didn’t have authorisation so that will be looked into
- Roatan mayors office project
- Checking for and stopping vehicles involved in crimes
- Important to send any evidence you have of crimes to the government so they can follow up.
Claro office in Roatan closed:
- Possibly because they’re in the mall, will investigate