Governor Silvestri 2020-06-19
Starts at 02:30
The Spanish transmission can be found here
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- 50 confirmed cases
- 41 pending tests
- 4,000 kits stuck in customs
- Looking to acquire more kits as this is just the beginning
- These will be distributed among all the islands
- Got 335 test kits yesterday which will be used for testing medical staff
Those getting a positive rapid test are quarantined while we wait for the PCR results.
Reporting resolved cases:
- Testing is being done on potential positive cases rather than potentially cured cases.
- Reporting on resolved cases is being done as those tests are done
- Send the governor your information (or that of friends and family who wish to volunteer).
- The governor will work to get volunteers onto the islands.
- Volunteers can choose to go to a specific island if they want
- Seeing lots of reports on social media showing people not following biosecurity measures.
- Following biosecurity measures is not about ourselves, it is about our community
- Masks protect those around you.
- Masks are mandatory in many places
Medical staff lodging:
- They return to their homes and have to disinfect before leaving medical centers
Travel and Immigration
Group returned to Utila this week:
- Number of those who tested positive to COVID-19 has not been shared with the governor
Airlines on July 16?
- Not sure yet
People from the USA on the islands:
- There is a repatriation process through the mainland
- Found yesterday
- From Milton Bay community
- Authorities looking for justice, there is a HNL 200,000 reward which is a
combination of the federal government, local government and private sector
- Governor has seen rewards used to good affect in the past
- Body being transported to La Ceiba as the Bay Islands do not have the necessary forensic capabilities
- Reinforcements are being brought in, 35 police arrived today
- More police will be brought in until back to normal policing levels
- Have been operating with only 110 police since the crisis began
- Normal operation is 220
- New police will follow the protocol, being tested and going into quarantine
- This is a proposal by the health department which has not been approved by central authorities.
- If there is a shutdown, we will have time to prepare
- The Mayor of Guanaja has independently instituted a lockdown on the island
Woman killed by husband:
- Child has been returned
- Manhunt for him, police have identifying data for him
- There are many diseases which vaccines prevent and they are necessary to keep us all healthy
- The nurses giving out vaccines have been tested and do not have COVID-19
Masks and food bags for the poor:
- Bay Islands Tourism Bureau is distributing these to people in need