Governor Silvestri 2020-06-23
Starts at 02:30
The Spanish transmission can be found here
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- 71 cases in Roatan and Santos Guardiola
- We are testing at a much higher rate than we were
- Only 1 has been hospitalised, others are low symptoms or asymptomatic
- Utila and Guanaja are still officially COVID free
- There are some rapid tests that came back positive for Guanaja, but until the PCR tests are done we won’t know for sure and official numbers won’t be updated.
- 300 PCR test swabs collected Thu-Sun last week.
- Test kits flown to the mainland on Sunday
- 278 tests still waiting results
- Increased testing is being done
- Biosecurity measures (such as masks) are still the most effective approach
- If we are not careful it will continue to spread, which will impact our
ability to open the islands
- Need to wear masks when away from home, such as shopping or at parties
- Shaming people who do not wear masks can help
- If you think you have symptoms stay at home and call authorities as quickly
- Wear a mask if you absolutely have to leave, do not shake hands or come into contact with others
Rapid test kits
- Released late on Monday
- Working on getting them to Roatan as quickly as possible
- More test kits will be ordered
- The hospital and COVID-19 treatment center are both open
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please go to the treatment center
- They will do rapid tests as well as other diagnostics and treatment
- Those who can not afford treatment will get it provided for them
- The treatment center is in front of Banco Lafise
- Look at Tegucigalpa, there are no beds available at their hospitals at all
- COVID-19 quickly goes from being a small wave to a tsunami
- People who came on the last ferry and are supposed to be quarantining at home
have been seen at parties without masks.
- This is a huge problem and why the governor believes further lockdown won’t work
- There is not space to quarantine those without symptoms as there are only 30 beds.
- All the ones found so far are too complicated to use here, looking for something mid-tier
- Still seeking those who wish to help
Infected hospital staff:
- Hospital workers have been out in the community without masks and it’s currently believed that this is how they got it
- If you can afford it, get it and keep it at home
- Should be used by those symptoms, not as a prophylactic
Low rates of recovered people:
- Need to do a second test to confirm they’re well
- Tests are being focussed on those who need to verify rapid tests
Travel and Immigration
- No opening date for international travel
- There are flights to TGU and SAP. You can arrange with the island
municipalities to be repatriated if you take one of these flights.
- Honduran residents and citizens can return without extra documentation
- Non-residents are only being accepted in extreme emergency situations
- Still closed
- This has not been approved, it’s still being looked into.
- Already a lot of cases, so not likely to be affective.
- Until you see an official document, it’s not going to happen
- There will be time to get ready if it is approved.
- Governor believes that lockdown is hurting more than helping at this time
- It is going up
- Special quarantine for the police that were brought over.
- Faced with a choice of either bringing them over and quarantining them for 14 days or not having any more police.
- Normally have over 200 police, started the crisis with 115
- New police are disciplined and following quarantine
- Call or WhatsApp to +504-8902-4402