Governor Silvestri 2020-06-26
Starts at 01:45
The Spanish transmission can be found here
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- 99 confirmed cases via PCR
- 110 pending
- Utila is still negative
- Guanaja has 19 rapid tests positive, which they are treating while they get PCR tests to confirm
- 4,000 rapid tests have arrived and have been given to the hospital as of
10:00 on Friday.
- 95.6% specificity (i.e. provides accurate negative results)
- Working on getting another batch
- Also working on making a PCR testing lab out of shipping containers
Report breaking down cases by location on the islands:
- Was provided by someone as a comment
- Governor is working with the director of the health department to regularly create this report
Rumor of COVID-19 death:
- Death recently was due to high blood sugar
- A person has been hospitalised for a chronic disease. They are doing well.
Travel and Immigration
- All were tested when they arrived
- Mayors on Roatan and the governor had a press meeting because there have been issues with breaking quarantine.
- People fought to get their family members back and signed documents saying
they would be legally responsible for ensuring the family members stayed at
home for the quarantine period.
- There are many reports of those who should be in quarantine being outside.
- The people who signed for those in quarantine are frequently saying that they can’t control the people they’ve vouched for. This is unacceptable.
- Even though these people know there will be legal issues, they don’t seem to care, which is disturbing.
- In Canada, if you break quarantine it is a CAD 1,000,000 fine and 60 days of jail time. We need to be taking it as seriously.
- Enforcing quarantine is one of the ways in which we stop the virus spreading.
RTB Airport International Flights:
- No dates for reopening yet
- Also don’t know when we will know
- After 2020-07-15
- Guanaja is doing a 14 day shutdown
- The rest of the Bay Islands are not
- This is very cool, something similar is being worked on for the Bay Islands
- Not sure of the dates on these yet
- This is being investigated
- Remember that if you need to report a police issue, get their name and the location
- Stable and recovering from COVID-19
- Reports of overcrowding
- Will be looked in to
- Using an incinerator in the Roatan airport
- These have gone down since the start of the crisis
- Press release by RECO yesterday. The governor will share this.
- Clarity provided by RECO
Hotel requirements when the country reopens:
- Requirements are being worked on by the health minister, should be released shortly.
- Not sure if the fines will be waived for residency, the governor will look into it.
- Working on a report regarding the projects that were done by the oversight committee.
- The funds are almost completely spent