Governor Silvestri 2020-07-11
Starts at 03:15
The Spanish transmission can be found here
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- 132 PCR confirmed cases on the Bay Islands
- Guanaja and Utila have positive rapid tests
- Best strategy with fighting COVID-19 is to locate and help those who have it
- Get tested if you have symptoms
- Don’t stigmatise or discriminate against those who have it
- 164 PCR test results outstanding
- 4 people hospitalised at this moment, all are stable right now
- All 18 departments in Honduras now have COVID-19
- In the COVID-19 treatment center the tests are free
- Doctor on duty determines who gets tested
- Can’t test everyone as have 4,000 tests and 100,000 people
Masks for Guanaja and Utila:
- Central government hasn’t sent any for these islands yet
- Will be giving out masks as soon as they are available
- Medical personal have a supply, but it’s to keep them safe while they treat COVID-19 patients and there aren’t enough to be giving out to everyone else.
Travel and Immigration
- Entirely false rumors
- The Bay Islands are basically already on lockdown so the governor expects it won’t get any stricter
- Company that owns the four international airports submitted their biosecurity protocol for approval last week
- No opening date at this time
- Looking like we won’t get them until next year
- Office is not open yet, will let us know when they are open
- No fines will be charged for those who leave by 2020-08-04
- Overstay fees will apply after this date
- From Paul: What I know about visas is collected here
La Ceiba and Roatan ferry:
- Do not know when it will be able to be done without quarantine yet
Flights out for Tourists:
- Flights leaving every week from TGU and SAP
- American, Spirit, United
- CM and Lance are flying twice a week from RTB to TGU and SAP
Flights to Europe:
- Governor recommends going through Mexico as there are direct flights running
Rumor of flights from Milan to Roatan earlier in the year:
- Person expressed concern that there was COVID-19 transmitted this way
- Flights haven’t run from Milan to Roatan for 2-3 years.
- Only direct flights in this year (before the pandemic) were Canada, El Salvador and the USA.
- Lock down currently ends 2020-07-12, expectation is that it’ll be extended by
- We were meant to reopen on the 15th, but the expectation is that this will now be turned into a slower reopening process.
- If there’s a major change, the governor will have another transmission
- Only expect changes in the lock down protocol for Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula as they have a lot of cases.
- Central government requires that people only go out once every two weeks and the governor is unable to change it to two numbers per day.
Community Outreach Program:
- Launching on Monday
- Basic information about what COVID-19 is and how it gets detected and spread
- Working with community leaders (Patronatos) of each community
- Via the Rotary Club of Roatan
- Lots of interest in this, large group aiming to come from Miami soon
- Form to apply
- Not going to get better until economy improves, people are starving
- Have brought more police, they are now out of quarantine and on the streets
- Police have been continuously prosecuting people and sending them to the mainland.
- Police can’t be given extra responsibility unilaterally, there are laws and the constitution which must be followed.
- Search warrant was executed for the main suspect in the child murder case
- DNA analysis being done to determine whether items found are related
Keeping up with the status of Utila:
- Keep up with the governors page as well as community pages
- Municipality Facebook Page
- Utila transcripts on this site
- Support Utila
- Rapid tests have been sent to Utila using donated money
- There’s another project in planning and will be announced shortly