Governor Silvestri 2020-07-13
Starts at 02:00
The Spanish transmission can be found here
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- There was an “extra” case counted last time. This was a control case, they were tested to see if they had recovered.
- 132 PCR confirmed cases on the Bay Islands
- Not sure how many tests are pending, have asked for this information but it has not been provided.
- Generally been a good week, not a lot of positives in the last week
- No additional deaths that are COVID-19 related.
- Still have one test result pending
- Hospital is treating 4 people
- COVID-19 treatment center isn’t currently treating anyone, it’s just being used as a triage area
- Without broad testing (limited by the fact that there are only 4,000 test kits in the Bay Islands), there’s no way of telling how widespread the virus is in the community.
PCR test results:
- Takes time to get results, which is frustrating to everyone
- Only two working testing locations for Honduras
- Tegucigalpa and San Pedro Sula
- Oversight committee is looking for a PCR machine for the Bay Islands
- Some promising leads, will let us know when they are able to buy one
- Abbott machines are not currently available outside the USA
- There is a community testing program in place
- Officials are doing contact tracing when new cases are found
- If you have private insurance, you can choose to be treated at a private hospital
Travel and Immigration
- If your visa expired before 2020-03-16 and you leave or renew your visa before 2020-08-04 there will be no fees
- You pay fines when you leave
- Anyone who wants to stay can do so (implied: extend your visa)
- The governor thinks that overstay fines will start from August (rather than March) for those who do not renew their visa, but will double check and get back to us.
- This site has a page dedicated to visa and fine information here
- There will probably continue to be repatriation flights from Honduras for the rest of the year. The governor doesn’t see them stopping any time soon.
- Extended 1 more week, ending on 2020-07-19
- Today is those whose ID ends in 1, Friday is 5
- Official curfew open hours are 07:00 - 17:00
- Bay Islands allows all businesses to be open (some municipalities have tighter restrictions).
- Biosecurity measures are critical. Please wear a mask when you are not at home.
Community Outreach Program:
- Starting with Utila and Guanaja, via Zoom.
- Will be recorded.
- Answer questions about COVID-19, what symptoms to watch out for, who to contact and when.
- Working with community boards (Patronatos)
- If your community wishes to have a session, contact the governor to have one scheduled.
Donation of PPE:
- Officially given to doctors by Rotary tomorrow
- Rotary has been a great partner throughout the pandemic
Donations of Curtains:
- Please donate curtains for the COVID-19 treatment center
- Using curtains to separate patients
- Can reach out or just come by the treatment center to drop off
Prospera Project by Crawfish Rock:
- This has been approved by the central government
- They have a website you can look up more information on