Governor Silvestri 2020-07-27
Starts at 02:00
The Spanish transmission can be found here
Transmissions are Monday and Friday.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- Last press release from the federal government about cases was number 51 on Friday. All numbers are from this.
- 171 PCR confirmed cases
- 4 cases last night, 2 are Utila
- All Bay Islands now have COVID-19
- 57 Recovered
- 1 Death
- 113 Active cases (may be sick, may be recovered but not yet tested)
- Not providing pending cases, it fluctuates a lot.
- Still pushing to get a PCR machine for the islands so we can turn around tests faster.
- Request to change report to the number of symptomatic cases, severity and medical status is being forwarded to the federal government.
Travel and Immigration
- Initial outlook positive, governor was not supplied the full report as confidential at this time
- Some areas of improvement
- No date yet, this is determined by the head of air traffic control and
- Date won’t come until after the recommendations made by the inspectors are carried out.
- Open in San Pedro Sula and La Ceiba
- If there’s an emergency (only those with overstay fees), immigration officers
are available at the airport.
- Please do not go to the airport unless you are traveling and need to
- Once the flights reopen, the governor expects the ferry to reopen at the same time.
- Can look into doing another ferry run to return islanders.
- About 45 people already on the list
- This list is managed by the marine merchant
- SINAGER has extended stay at home decree to 2020-08-02
- Expect that it will be renewed until you hear otherwise
- 07:00-17:00 allowed to circulate if it’s your number
- Todays number is 1, Friday is 5
- Saturday and Sunday are shutdown
- Governor brought extra masks, a VPAP machine and other supplies.
- Will bring over supplies soon, no date yet
- Honduras has a centralised government, all decisions on reopening are made
there and passed down to the states
- Governor and local officials wish to reopen, but the federal government does not yet consider it safe.
- Working on opening the airport, thinks everything will follow from that
- Not providing tentative dates as if they’re pushed back people get angry
- As soon as there is a confirmed date, it will be shared