Governor Silvestri 2020-09-12
Starts at 02:30
The Spanish transmission can be found here
Transmissions are Monday and Friday.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- Health Department release 71 from Thursday
- 1 new case
- 2 new deaths
- 504 confirmed cases total
- 127 recovered
- 12 deaths
- 365 active cases
- 19 more people recovered as of last night (there’s not yet been a press release)
- Some people are being treated in the hallways of the hospital, these are people who don’t need hospitalisation, but usually something simple like a small amount of oxygen.
- There were 30 people in the public hospital, there was some rearrangement and there are now only 17 in the hospital COVID treatment area
- The COVID-19 treatment center is up to 33 patients
- The center didn’t have the full capacity of patients due to a lack of oxygen
- Make it count foundation funds were used to rent 40 new oxygen cylinders, which has allowed making use of more beds in the COVID-19 treatment center
Peak of COVID-19 transmission:
- The Bay Islands are in a peak of COVID-19 cases. It’s particularly dangerous to go out now.
- Those who have been staying at home or have preconditions which make them particularly susceptible are urged to continue to stay at home to avoid exposure.
Travel and Immigration
- Back to daily service as of next week
- This week was trial runs
- Trips running:
- Utila to Roatan (Utila Dream)
- Utila to La Ceiba (Utila Dream)
- Roatan to La Ceiba (Galaxy)
- Ferries have been moving oxygen cylinders for free
- As of 2020-10-10 they will use their 162 seat plane rather than the 80 seat Embraer
- On 2020-11-04 a Wednesday flight will be added.
The number system doesn’t apply to travel (planes and ferries), only to circulating around town
Travel and COVID-19 exposure:
- The mainland is starting to reduce their COVID-19 treatment capacity as they’ve passed the peak.
- The governor suspects there’s a higher possibility of someone coming to the islands getting COVID-19 on island than bringing it with them right now as the islands are at peak while other areas are recovering.
COVID-19 test to leave Honduras:
- Testing is dependent on the destination countries
- For example, no test is currently required to go to the USA
- Tomorrow the number system expires, there hasn’t been any update yet
- Expect updates tomorrow, there has been no indication as to whether the number system will continue.
- Group who comes to Honduras annually to do medical brigades
- Couldn’t come this year due to the pandemic
- Rotary group has donated gloves, dentistry equipment and medical chemicals
- Gloves have been particularly difficult to get and they’re a high use items.
Locals using resorts:
- There’s a big wave of local tourism right now
- Anyone with a reservation is exempt from the circulation number requirements