Governor Silvestri 2020-10-02
Starts at 02:00
The Spanish transmission can be found here
Transmissions are Tuesday and Friday.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- These are only PCR, it does not cover rapid testing or those who don’t get tested. The actual numbers are significantly higher than this.
- Health Department release 84 from Thursday
- 10 new cases
- 1,435 confirmed cases total
- 276 recovered
- 26 deaths total
- 1,133 active cases
- 154 pending before the update
- 12 processed
- 142 still pending
- Total of 70 hospitalised patients in Roatan
- 15 in the hospital
- 55 in the COVID center
- No official information for Guanaja or Utila
- Unofficial information says there have been 24 confirmed cases on Utila.
- Does not include private hospital numbers as these have not been supplied to the governor
- Today is West End and Santa Elena (which may be delayed due to rain)
- Reports are generated and could be added to these communications
- Galaxy created a COVID-19 section for their ferry in order to move COVID-19 patients in an affordable manner to the mainland in emergencies
Door to door testing:
- You can refuse to take the test
- Transcribers note: please take the test
Reducing death rate:
- This was why the COVID-19 treatment centers and medical brigades were formed
- The biggest problem right now is people taking too long to get to the hospital or COVID-19 treatment center. This is why they’re doing the medical brigade.
- Are seeing people who are 14+ days into infection before they turn up, which is very dangerous.
Travel and Immigration
- Rapid tests will now be accepted for entering Honduras and those using them will not need to quarantine.
- Note: A previous version of this summary incorrectly stated that this change was for the Bay Islands only. This is incorrect, the Honduran federal requirements changed to accept a rapid test instead of a PCR.