Governor Silvestri 2020-10-06
Starts at 01:45
The Spanish transmission can be found here
No periodic updates will be shared for the rest of this week or next to give the team a break. The governor expects to do the next update in 15 days. There will be an update if anything special happens.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- The actual numbers are significantly higher than this.
- These are only PCR, it does not cover rapid testing or those who don’t get tested.
- This also only includes public lab numbers, private labs are mostly not sharing information about test results.
- Health Department release 85
- 122 new cases, the report says 123 but one was double counted
- 1,557 confirmed cases total
- 276 recovered
- 26 deaths, 5 under investigation
- 1,255 active cases
- 142 pending before the update
- 152 new kits sent for processing
- 147 processed
- 147 still pending
- Total of 59 hospitalised patients in Roatan
- 11 in the hospital
- 48 in the COVID center
- No official information for Guanaja or Utila
- Does not include private hospital numbers as these have not been supplied to the governor
- Replicating the successful program from the mainland
- Going door to door, mobile units of 66 doctors
- Were only meant to stay for 14 days (which is over), but work is being done to try and keep them longer as they’ve been extremely helpful.
- Doing medical evaluations, rapid testing, referrals and provide medication
- Providing insights into the changes in infection rates across the communities
- If you missed the brigade, let the governor know and they will try to schedule medical staff as quickly as possible
Travel and Immigration
- Current expectations is that service will resume to Roatan in November