Governor Silvestri 2020-12-07
Starts at 01:30
The Spanish transmission can be found here
Updates will be done as needed, no fixed dates. The governor aims to post on Facebook the day before for future messages.
COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- Numbers from health department bulletin 11, published 2020-11-26
- PCR tests:
- 3,506 total tests
- 2,176 positive
- 378 recuperated (those who have received a post-infection negative test)
- Due to the limited availability of PCR test kits, recuperation tests are no longer being done
- 38 deaths
- 1,760 active cases
- Total of 8 hospitalised patients in Roatan (as of Thursday)
- 4 in the hospital
- 4 in the COVID center
- No official information for Guanaja or Utila
- Does not include private hospital numbers as these have not been supplied to the governor
Please ensure you always have a mask on outside. It’s critical to keeping everyone safe.
French Harbour COVID center:
- Little Friends Foundation received a grant from the inter development bank of HNL 15M to operate the center.
- The center will be temporarily closed to save money now that infection rates are down
- All the equipment will stay in the center in case there’s another wave
- Medical personnel will shift to doing house to house brigades
- Roatan public hospital will remain as the primary center for managing COVID
- It has been updated and can now take up to 20 patients
- If there are more than 15 cases, the health authorities may re-open the French Harbour center
- Existing triage centers in Coxen Hole and at the Institute of Santos Guardiola
- A new center will be setup in La Fuertes
Utila COVID cases:
- No updates for a while, will follow up.
- There was some mention of COVID over the weekend
- Note: There have been updates on the Utila Municipality Facebook page
PCR test processing:
- Tests are sent to the mainland
- The Roatan machine ran out of reagents
- The Health Department may be able to help with getting a machine for Utila
San Pedro Sula Airport:
- Target is mid December, expect the beginning of January 2021
- La Ceiba (LCE) and Roatan (RTB) are being used as alternate destinations while SAP is unavailable.
- Have been working to potentially extend it beyond 72 hours but no update yet
- Marine borders are not open, only land and air
- Aiming to try and solve this early this week
- Both money and supplies work, depending on what’s easiest for the donor.
- If you need help organising donations, please contact the governor via private message.
- Curfew starts at 22:00