Utila Mayor 2020-03-19 Update 2
- Utila is buying a stock of medication
- Came in Thursday 2020-03-19 evening
- Two classrooms at Alton’s school
- Just in case we need to isolate patients
- Have purchased a large stock of basic food for municipal storage
- In case boats can’t run
- Have seen complaints of raising prices
- This is breaking the law, don’t do it
- Alcohol sales have been completely banned. There are no exceptions.
- Were flexible, but there have been parties which have had to send the police to break up as there were too many people.
- Protocol to follow between the three islands
- Boat captains have copies, also posted to municipal website
- We need to get a lot stricter on this as people are still diving and going up to Pumpkin Hill
- Everyone needs to stay in their home or hotel, stay off the street
- Please act responsibly as it’s getting way more serious
- 2 suspected new cases of COVID-19
- Detected today, have been isolated
- Very important that you stay home and do not go out
- Sample will be sent to Tegucigalpa and we’ll have a result in 48 hours.