Utila Municipality 2020-05-18
Thanks to everyone for staying home during the quarantine, this helped with ensuring we remain COVID-19 free.
Request to read and obey the rules for local commerce, it’s a two week trial and may not be renewed if the island doesn’t follow the rules. Note from Paul: I have summarised the rules on the curfew page.
There is a meeting at Officina La Mujer at 15:00 today to go over the biosecurity measures with restaurants. If you own or operate a restaurant, please do to this meeting.
- Build a new lighthouse:
- Island is due for a new light house and rebuilding it will help with monitoring movement in and out of the island, expect it to provide long term value as the world changes
- Aim for the design to look like an airport tower
- Would like to have a RADAR and marine radios in it
- Island wide project, get as many people involved as possible
- Would like builders to present suggested designs
- Aiming to get equipment by donation or at a reduced price
- Setting up a fundraiser to collect funds
- Project is starting immediately
- Health project:
- Details tomorrow