Visas and Overstay Fines
Entry Requirements for Tourists
- A valid test within 72 hours
- A PCR test is recommended but no longer required
- Quick tests will be accepted
- Fill in https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn with details of testing before your flight
- Domestic travelers are requested to get tested before traveling
This uses the online renewal system here but be aware that this is not secure. If you are not comfortable with your details being transmitted unencrypted over the internet then you should discuss renewal with your immigration lawyer.
Tourist Visa Extensions
There have been discussions of online forms, but these are currently only available for extending residency permits.
If you have to pay a fine, make sure that you leave enough time to visit the bank after getting the penalty notice from immigration. The bank will give you a receipt which you can take back to immigration certifying payment. Note that banks are frequently requiring close toed shoes, so keep that in mind when deciding on what you will wear to travel.
Below is the 2020 costs of overstaying a visa. They are based on minimum wage (HNL 9,196.54) and each month is an extra 10% of minimum wage (HNL 919.654)
|Time||Total Cost In HNL||Approximate Cost in USD|
Here is the official document: